Bursa Site Management Unit under Bursa Metropolitan Municipality was established in December 2011 under relevant department of Bursa Metropolitan Municipality, and is still actively on duty.
According to legislations, Bursa Site Management Unit consists of;
• Site Manager
• Site Management Work Team
• Advisory Board
• Coordination and Audit Board.
Vision of Bursa Site Management involves preparing and executing a preserving and maintaining management plan for natural, physical, historical, economical, social and administrative aspects, with participation of all stakeholders (i.e. entities and institutions in the site with authority and responsibility, non-government organizations, trade associations, universities, right owners and representatives of area users) to preserve the outstanding universal value of Inns Area and Cumalıkızık Village, and promoting these sites on international scale.
– Prepare Bursa (Inns Area and Sultan Complexes) and Cumalıkızık Management Plan with participation of all stakeholders to preserve Historical Sites of Bursa (Inns Area, Sultan Complexes, Cumalıkızık Village) in accordance with international standards, and ensure Historical Sites are administrated through annual action plans.
– Deliver Historical Sites of Bursa Nomination Dossier to Ministry of Culture and Tourism on September 2012, and get Bursa on UNESCO World Heritage List in 2014 and promote on international scale.
– Aim to ensure sustainable preservation for Historical Sites of Bursa in compliance with terms of World Heritage Agreement.
– Promote historical and cultural background of Bursa internationally and improve tourism potential of the city.
– Preserve and maintain the genuine fabric delivered from the past in Historical Sites of Bursa, and ensure area around these sites is liveable.
– Raise awareness about historical and natural values both in and around the city, especially among those living and working in Historical Sites of Bursa.
– Provide means of suggestions and experience share for preservation of Historical Sites of Bursa at international standards via thematic workshops attended by domestic and foreign experts.